Oddquine's Moray in Words and Pictures

St Lawrence Church, Forres

This is the parish church of the town.The present building dates from 1906. Its raised site is believed to be a result of the generations of burials from the 12th century, when it is thought that the first church was built. The graveyard was used until the mid 19th century, when the Cluny Hill Cemetery was opened. Unfortunately, the mainly 18th century gravestones were removed in the 1970's in a "tidy-up" of the town centre.

Album Index